have an opinion? got feedback? drop me a line- pooja.x.rao@gmail.com
........................................................................................................................................................................
Can also read my posts at Mumbaikar.com and filmi features @ Bollyspice.com
........................................................................................................................................................................

Pages

Lavasa Women's Drive '11 - Chics. Cars. Camaderie. Causes.

I had been meaning to blog about this cause forever, but in between PC crashes, erratic schedules, and other to-do's, I unfortunately didn't make it. 

7:00 am. Sunday. last minute frantic calls, texts, conversations later, being the super-charged morning person that i am :D I found myself at Bandra Reclamation for the flagoff of the Lavasa Women's Drive 2011 organised annually by the Lavasa community.

In its 3rd edition, the event boasted of its largest turn out in three years with as many as 350 cars making their way to Lavasa amidst fun, giggles and high energy! How I was thrilled to be there! the atmosphere was eclectic, enthusiasm infectious as cars donned bright, cheerful look, each promoting a cause from girl child to cancer awareness to environment support. (Huge round of applause, please)

As the dawn kicked off with actor Arjun Rampal, wife Meher and Priya Dutt flagging off the cars, participants zoomed of to an all-day indulgence filled with music, masti, pampering planned for the ladies at the destination. At Lavasa, there was a lot of girlie stuff planned such as manicures, massages, food, shopping as well as live performances by Anushka Manchanda, Shibani Kashyap.

Others spotted were Shweta Tiwari, Deepti Bhatnagar, Suchitra Pillai, Hiten Tejwani, Sameer Soni, Bikram Saluja, Sushma Reddy while Vivek Oberoi was at Lavasa. Again apologies for not managing any HD pics (this is where you can be generous & gift me a cam or convince MissMalini to gift me one :)), but meanwhile you can check up all the action here 
sadly, I couldn't be part of the drive all the way to Lavasa , but keeping my hopes high for maybe next year!





2 comments:

  1. Hey Pooja,

    Very well written. Hope you participate next year :)

    Regards,
    Lavasa Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Team Lavasa, Great job. Was my first time & I was amazed at the energy, execution and spirit. Was great fun & yes, *fingers crossed* I do go all the way next yr! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...