have an opinion? got feedback? drop me a line- pooja.x.rao@gmail.com
........................................................................................................................................................................
Can also read my posts at Mumbaikar.com and filmi features @ Bollyspice.com
........................................................................................................................................................................

Pages

What has the world come to?

Met a friend over the weekend, she was ecstatic about her new job & wanted to celebrate. While we reveled in our own tune and clinked glasses of wine, she exclaimed, "I love it when my friends are jealous of my success, but wont show it because they love me too much!".. At that point, although i was aware of her inebriated state, somewhere in my sub-conscious mind i knew it was true. sad but true. Hence this article, things that wont faze u! (albeit it might hav if u were in the 1950's).

1. 45-yr old saying "i might not live to see that day!" when discussing her 50th bday plan! (yeah u can never be sure)
2. french kiss on prime-time indian television (Yash Raj episode of Mahi-way, once but twice!!)
3. First qs upon meeting a friend after ages, "who are u doing these days?" (not "how", "WHO!")
4. We dont talk anymore - she was my best friend and then we fell in love with the same guy.
5. We called it off, we don't love each other anymore.
6. Street vendor who is as old (or older) as you, screaming, "arre Auntyyy!!" .... wtf?
7. Im bored, i need to change my job. (after last job change 3 months ago)
8. Free bag of sugar for 2000 rs of shopping! duhh ..
9. Yes Ma'am it is absolutely free!! ............... psst *conditions applied*
10. Go for a haircut. You want junior, senior or star stylist? It'll cost you around 3k ONLY.
11. Put on an Ambani clan face, barge into a cab like you own it. He'll say "nahi jaane ka hai", you quietly get out.
13. Guy to his male friend - oh dont worry, she is having her "those days". thts y the mood swings..
14. Arre thoda shift karo (make room for one more when 4 are already seated in a bench for 3)
15. No i dont care about the stupid fridge, i was saving for my precious Jimmy choos.
16. my office canteen is my second home.. serves me lunch , dinner.. sometimes breakfast also,
17. ohh plsssss its not that late! .. ill be home in another hr or so .. (after reaching home - oh s***, the milkman already came & went)

& my fav - SMS: Call! Need to speak urgently (15 mins after u walk out of CCD having had coffee with the same person)

*sigh* but it is true, we are consumed by this to insanity and nothing is too much!
Pls feel free to add to my list. Im sure there are many more life's experiences have taught us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...