have an opinion? got feedback? drop me a line- pooja.x.rao@gmail.com
........................................................................................................................................................................
Can also read my posts at Mumbaikar.com and filmi features @ Bollyspice.com
........................................................................................................................................................................

Pages

A fashionista in the making - my wardrobe favourites!


So I caught 'Aisha' (the movie i.e.) over the weekend & I'm still hooked on to it! Not the movie by any chance, but the overflowing closet of Diors, Ferragamo & our very own Manish Arora's traditional couture.
I am the worst shopper there is (I just can't gather the patience to go scouring for stuff!) Everyone who knows me will vouch that I am also an extremely moody yet immaculate  dresser, so for all I care, I could live in my ill-fitting tee's, shorts & flip-flops forever!
But then there are those days when I like to dress up, just to feel good & confident. And much to my sister's anguish its yet another day of wardrobe whining and raiding. Then again its been raining 'end-of-season-sales' all over & the girl in me can't help but splurge a little on things that I adore and feel should be a part of me.
Because we all have our fashion favorites and these are mine! 



Classic pumps and heels - for times when you want to stand tall and powerful.
The tunic - for times when you feel girly and delicate. Pair it with a pair of jeans or go full-on traditional with the churidars or salwars


Basic pair of Jeggings/Jeans - (the denim version of leggings) - Invest in these, pair it with a figure hugging, bold Tee & you're ready to take on the world! ultimate comfort!!
Little (black) dress - For times when you're feeling sexy and flirty. Black is a must-have for years now. But playing with colours is fun. Add a dash of colour, spice up your personality and hit the dance-floor. Also perfect for the girls night-out!

Flats - Sandals in all colors, and styles. From Ballet to sling backs to gladiators, perfect for the trip to the mall or the walk down the beach. Coffee with friend or just some grocery shopping! Embellished, simple, adorned, or plain graffiti, they are perfect to jazz up everything from jeans to shorts to casual skirts.  


cropped jacket/ stole/wrap - extra care for the late nights. Mumbai might be a safe place, but you could always be tad bit careful when you are dressed up to hit the party. Just throw on a jacket or wrap yourself in a stole to keep any roving eye at bay.

 

Bags (basics - sling for the daily, handbag for work/traveling and a little clutch for the evenings out!)





bling-a-licious - for that extra dash of confidence, dazzle and FUN! Be it accessories, footwear, or if ur too bold, then the dress, all things shiny are in & can be a great morale booster...If you can't carry the complete bling look, just add a tinge of shimmer to the boring LBD or jeans-tee combo; with a bag or shoes or belt. 


I don't claim to own all of it, but you never know maybe someday, they will make way into my wardrobe! :D

4 comments:

  1. lol! nice list! I know what you mean, even I can't for the life of me, shop!! :) You seem to have covered almost everything! fab..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very true.. and nicely put

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes ur own ur way to becoming fashionista. now you can go shopping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, so now that we have a list, lets go hit the roads! luv xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...