have an opinion? got feedback? drop me a line- pooja.x.rao@gmail.com
........................................................................................................................................................................
Can also read my posts at Mumbaikar.com and filmi features @ Bollyspice.com
........................................................................................................................................................................

Pages

Diagnosed with the 'Twitter' flu

Hola! So off late I haven't been true to my blogging duties except for the filmy stuff (which is not counted as its part of the job!), and its not because I've been lazy or bored, but rather (& I am shamefully admitting this) - I've been hooked onto TWITTER & how! After an immediate vent of thoughts via tweet, I hardly have any motivation left to follow that with a longer blog post.  
However having said that, most of my friends won't join because "its confusing". I say "Bulls***". If you can survive in this world, you are officially qualified to use Twitter. Thus, I bring to you my reasons why you should be a Twitterati (you don't know what that is?!?!? Jeez where have you been?!?


  • Resolves all kinds of crises! Like OMG, where else do you get responses to life's questions in 10 seconds flat? You don't even have to go through the trouble of googling, running down pages & pages of search options, finally realising that Google set you up and re-directed you to a page that is not even remotely connected to where you started! Arghh. Just post a question, add in the hashtags(#) and you're set. You'll be amazed at the responses you get - ranging from some serious gyaan to some laughs just for fun! but it's worth the time.
  • Its like sending group sms and its F-R-E-E! So here's the thing - how many times have you tried to make a simple dinner plan and then gone back and forth, round & round trying to finalise the venues, meeting times etc etc. Here's where twitter rules - all your ideas laid out in a single page! !
  • Instant Tech Support! There was this time, when I could not for the life of me figure how to get a blogger issue resolved & was seconds away from bringing the house down. I tweeted about how Blogger was slowly trying to kill me & within seconds I had a msg with a link giving step-by-step detail on how to fix the problem. LifeSaver!. Had I tried researching my way out by going through the help forum online, I would have wasted my day going through endless pages of people asking and replying the same question in a language with HTML, CSS (?!?) and then patronizing me for not knowing some basic tech terms! huh? -Now I can't be an expert at everything, can I?? 
  • Its a great place to talk to yourself without sounding cuckoo. Trust me this one truly works. You had a tough day, you want to scream it out! Just tweet ! In all probability you will get msg's like, " I totally get you! I understand! Don't worry it'll get better! and instantly you will feel like the most important person on this planet :) Also like the wise say, sometimes a third person's opinion gives a dimension that's truly helpful.
  • Lastly and this one's my fav - You can stalk celebrities in a completely acceptable way! (only here we call it “following” not stalking :D) Its great! I mean not that I'm stalker-ish or something but as much as I'm hung onto all things filmy, I can't resist not knowing what SRK is doing or where Priyanka is holidaying. So like when I tweeted about how I spent the day reading a particular book, a certain B-town's chocolate boy replied back that he too had a copy of the same book and enjoyed reading it! You see what I mean, its like we are best friends - alright in the virtual world! so be it!
and apart from all those fun reasons, there's the part - it serves as a great tool for marketing your business, products, networking, advertising your work, makes you worldly-wise (true!! its amazing the kind of info available on topics from politics, movies, history etc etc) and also I made some really great friends! 
While Twitter is a great forum, it cannot replace the blog. While I can hardly give up tweeting, I promise to blog regularly too.

And before I go, leaving you with some fun tweets - 


@priyankachopra - Hey guys had a hammering day.head hurts I'm yawning.But gym beckons!!Trainer waits.Kya karein.aur bolo Mummy mummy mujhe heroine banna hai!

@Aamir_Khan - Dear Paul, aap purush nahi... Octopus ho.(for those stuck on to FIFA)

@Salman khan - Ibn7 information all wrong hahaha me nt in colombo but chilling at home
Late fr shoot , vil make sm excuse, jaise ke no water, driver came late, if I say I woke up late , U think anis bazmi vil beat me up ?

@ShahrukhKhan scary plane ride...200 km/hr headwind knocked us all over. thought was going to die so covered my face & hid under thin blanket. felt safer

@DeepikaPadukone  Danish Aslam's newly acquired crocs! Shrutiseth HATES them!! and on second thoughts...I agree! http://tweetphoto.com/29014150

So you get what I mean. Now, go get your own set of gossips, feel free to share it with me & you can rightfully say 'a lil birdy told me'!    

3 comments:

  1. hahhah super! and I totally get what you mean by tech support! its a ble4ssing :) keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Execellent, even im addicted for the same reasons and i can now tell my friends the same..

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 30, 2010

    Lol .... loved the last part !
    Somehting similar folled by yours-truly .

    http://newsyoumissedtoday.blogspot.com/2010/07/aamir-khan-ready-with-peepli-live.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...